V-Move Shopping Cart Pusher XL+ (50 carts)
Pushes 7.5 MT or 16,535 lb
The V-move Shopping Cart Pusher or Shopping Cart Retriever has developed over the past 10 years in response to a need for a premium quality cart pusher that was powerful enough to push a full load of carts on hills, has an AC brushless motor to eliminate regular motor repairs and catastrophic motor failures, and has a very durable heavy-duty transaxle to reduce costly replacements.
The Verhagen Leiden V-move® XL+ shopping cart pusher or cart retriever is used by major grocery chains and retailers around the world. Verhagen Leiden, the manufacturer of the V-move tugs, has been manufacturing premium quality load movers for over 35 years.
Save LOTS of money with the V-move XL+ shopping cart retriever.
- Save labor: If you are manually collecting and returning carts to the entrance, then you will save a bundle. Our cart retriever can easily move 50+ carts at a time (maybe more or less depending on cart size/cart weight/nesting) and can move more carts than the competition faster up a hill.
- Save on worker injuries and your worker's compensation insurance: Most states and provinces protect workers by stipulating the maximum weight a worker can push. For example, a male employee should not exert a pushing force of more than 57 lb initially or 37 lb for females (source BC WorkSafe). That works out to about 5 average carts, at most, and much less on a hill.
- Save on repair costs versus the competition: We use an AC motor that doesn't have brushes and has more torque at a lower rpm, keeping you propelled on hills. We have a heavy-duty transaxle so when your employee drives the cart off a curb by accident, you can rely on the V-move XL+ to take the punishment.
- More Reliability due to higher quality parts: We use high-quality motors, transaxles, batteries, chargers and other components that are made in Europe or USA to increase your up-time and extend your asset life. For example, our ignition keyed switch in the shopping cart pusher is the same high-quality weather-resistant switch that you will also find on top Italian motorbikes.
- Longer run times and save on batteries: We recommend optional Lithium-ion batteries so you are not replacing lead-acid batteries every year, which is easier on the environment and your pocketbook. We use custom tug programming for Lithium-ion and a lithium-ion compatible charger.
- Lower capital costs: With the use of the reliable V-Move XL+ shopping cart pusher, you probably won't have a need for spare cart tuggers sitting around anymore.
The V-Move XL+ walk-along battery-powered shopping cart pusher or cart retriever has a wireless remote control, a custom cartwheel hitch receiver, and a long cord with a quick ratchet to hold the carts together. You can even add a tow hitch to pull waste bins, a snowplow, and add weight plates so it has added traction in snow, on ice and on slopes. Optional tire chains allow you to use it on ice.
This V-Move shopping cart pusher or cart retriever tug uses the latest Curtis CAN-bus computer controller with built-in shielding of EMI/RFI, top quality US-made maintenance-free batteries and a US-made UL/CSA approved charger. With the included tilting handle, V-Move shopping cart pusher has one of the smallest footprints of any walk-along tug allowing you to get into tight spots. The AC motor doesn't generate any sparks as most DC motors do, so it is less likely to ignite flammable gasses than the DC motor tugs.
The V-move XL+ Shopping Cart Retriever is the benchmark that others try to achieve...
- 1,700 Watt, 4.09 hp peak 24-volt AC motor. See why an AC motor is better: AC versus DC
- Heavy-Duty Transaxle rated for up to 5,310 in*lbf with 2.25″ diameter high-grade rigid steel axle.
- The top speed is 3.7 mph, which is the fastest shopping cart pusher.
- 102 Ah deep cycle high-capacity AGM batteries for up to all-day use.
- Tug weighs up to 2,039 lb for quick stops, pushing lots of shopping carts on hills, and for overall traction.
- The battery is partially charged by the tug when de-accelerating and going downhill.
- Water and weather resistant tug casing of solid powder-coated steel to protect internals and most key electrical components. Key components like the computer controllers and remote are IP65 or 66 rated.
- Multi-function display on shopping cart pusher for battery state of charge, operating hours, and maintenance status.
- Optional remote charger and battery state monitoring from the cloud or your smartphone.
- Optional remote cloud monitoring of the tugs for large buyers so you can keep track of your assets and their statistics.
- Optional tow hitches to move waste bins or other heavy wheeled items.
- 2-year limited manufacturer warranty – one of the best in the industry!
- Some components have longer warranties directly from the component manufacturer up to 4-years.
- Verhagen Leiden has a very low warranty claims history due to the high-quality parts used, advanced engineering, and addressing issues so you have a reliable product.
- Xerowaste stocks some parts in Vancouver, BC that are available to ship the same day.
- Some US component manufacturers and their distributors in the US and Canada can ship parts within a few days.
- Other parts, if required from Europe, can arrive in a few days.
- Dead-man switch and emergency stop button on the tug.
- Emergency stop button on the remote control.
- Loud vehicle horn.
- LED flashing light.
- Fenders optional.
- Quick stops from the high-performance spring-pressure electromagnetic brake.
- Spring-loaded variable speed control on tug.
- Auto-stop if you let off the forward/reverse button on the remote.
- Auto quick stop if the battery dies or fuse blows.
- High-quality keyed switch.
- Programmed to prevent use while the charger is plugged in the wall.
- Automatic parking brake.
- Wireless remote uses 64-bit encrypted code to ensure a secure connection and eliminate the potential for someone else to use your tug with another remote.
- AC motor does not spark like a DC motor, so it is naturally safer around explosive gases vs a DC motor.
Combined with Verhagen Leiden, we have over 60 business years of smart material handling experience.
V-Move XL+ 1.7 kW Tug Specifications
|Push or Pull||7.5 MT / 16,535 lb|
|Weight Carry||0.5 MT / 1,102 lb|
|1.7 kW / 2.3 hp
3.05 kW / 4.09 hp
|2,250 Newtons / 506 lbf
4,037 Newtons / 908 lbf
|Speed||0 - 6 km/hr / 0 - 3.7 mph|
|Motor Type||AC - maintenance-free|
|Battery Type||2 x 12V 76Ah AGM maintenance-free (102 Ah for shopping cart pusher)|
|Charger||UL/CSA approved charger included|
|Tug Weight||275+ kg / 606+ lb
400+ kg / 880+ lb for shopping cart pusher
|Size (lwh)||153x75x90 cm / 60x30x35 in|
Specifications subject to change
Xerowaste V-Move Reviews (verified by Trustalyze)
Very professional. Tug has performed excellent and exactly what we needed to haul out our garbage bins. Good reliable company.
Verhagen Leiden B.V.