Zero Waste Certification for your facility or operation
Image a world where ZERO WASTE is achievable…
We have the experience and the expertise to set you up to have the best chance for a 90%+ diversion rate to obtain your Canadian TRUE Zero Waste certification.
TRUE stands for Total Resource Use and Efficiency.
Facilities achieve certification by meeting seven minimum program requirements and attaining at least 31 points on the TRUE Zero Waste scorecard.
Requirements for Certification:
- Zero Waste policy in place
- 90% overall diversion from landfill and incineration for non-hazardous wastes
-Discarded materials are reduced, reused, recycled, composted or recovered for productive use in nature or the economy at biological temperatures and pressures
-Materials can be processed above ambient biological temperatures (>200° F) to recover energy from the 10% residual, but they do not count as part of the 90% diversion
-Reused materials (office furniture, pallets, paper, etc) are eligible to count as part of the 90% diversion requirement
- Meet all federal, state/provincial, and local solid waste and recycling regulations
- Data provided to GBCI has been published formally
- Data documents a base year and measurements since the base year
- Commit to submit 12 months of data to GBCI annually
- Submit a case study of Zero Waste initiatives that can be published on the GBCI website
- Contamination is not to exceed 10% of each material once it leaves the company site
XeroWaste Solutions is the only consulting firm in Western Canada that has a Zero Waste TRUE Advisor that is GBCI credentialed to help you obtain the internationally recognized zero waste certification for your building or business. This includes multi-unit residential buildings as well.
We can also help you earn credit towards your Canadian LEED building certification from the zero waste certification we obtain for you.
With some of our past clients, we achieved a diversion rate of over 90% by weight and they didn’t even choose to certify!
If you want to get closer toward zero waste without zero waste certification, see our other services.